A new study in Germany has reported that as much as hundreds of men died yearly in the process of masturbation.
The study showed that death that occur during the process of self-servicing, are caused as a result of oxygen deprivation in the men. This is according to the report delivered by forensic examiner, Dr Harald Voss.
In Hamburg, the body of a man was reportedly found covered in sliced cheese with pantyhose pulled up over his upper body while he was wearing a diving suit and a raincoat. He had placed a plastic bag over his head and sat in front of a heater that was switched on.
Another man was found just before the new year who had died from auto-asphyxiation when he was wrapped in chains in a room where “pornographic images were present”.
In one example, a man was discovered by his mother with Christmas tree lights clamped to his nipples, but she removed them before emergency services arrived. They were initially confused why he had burn marks on his body but his mother later admitted what she had originally found. It was concluded that the cause of death was electrocution.
Women are also known to die from autoerotic asphyxiation, but it is less likely as it’s claimed that they are “more cautious”.
However, Dr Voss predicts that the official number could be way lower than the actual figure as family members may feel ashamed to report victims that dies of suspected masturbation cases. The researcher also blames the high incident of self-servicing on the exposure to the internet as well as the social media.
According to him:
” A lot of men now have quick access to resources that can trigger their sexual nerves and since majority of these men live a single solitary life, they resort to masturbation to ease the tension accumulated in their body